C.R.A Meeting Minutes and Appendix September 13th 2017

C.R.A Meeting minutes for 13th September 2017

Appendix for the meeting minutes of the 13th September 2017

Advertisements

Tenants Power To Request Information

Dear Resident,
If you have time, please read and respond to this consultation from the the Department for Communities and Local Government., by 19 September 2017.
You can respond by completing the online survey at: https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/s130RTA, or
in writing to Leasehold, Rentcharge and Commonhold Team, 3rd Floor North West, Fry Block, 2 Marsham Street, London, SW1P 4DF
Thanks CRA

C.R.A Meeting Thursday 29th June

Minutes for C.R.A Meeting Thursday 29 June 2017

In Attendance:

Eunice Fekarurhobo, LH Housing Officer; Frank Olaniran (FO) ASB Officer; Michael Charman Director of ACE Security
Ronan Conway (RC) CRA Chair; Andy Thornes (AT) CRA Secretary; Maggi Knights (MK) CRA Treasurer; N.B; V.B; S.M; P.W; Y.D; I.E; K.W; N.N; S.G; P.U; D.W; R.M; A.B; J.M; A.D; H.G; R.D; R.M;

Apologies:

S. L.; V. L; N.W; R B.
1. RC Minutes from previous meeting 11 May 2017.

Passed unanimously by a show of hands.

2. Actions/Matters arising from meeting 11 May 2017

a) LH has no facility for residents to give feedback/satisfaction about communal repairs.

R.C raised issue of repairs again with Eunice. No response

b) Date for when staircases will be deep cleaned using steam/extraction and acid solution? CRA wish to be on the list urgently.

EF to take these request to LH and reply to CRA.

Eunice response- staircases still being looked at.

c) Controlled Car Parking Scheme

EF – unsure if the estate road is subject to the Road Traffic Act 1984. (During the meeting Michael Chairman confirmed that Crossfield land is private land and therefore not subject to the Act.)

Eunice acknowledged another letter needs to be sent to residents clarifying issue of parking bays after the investigation by Lewisham Homes.

I.E asked ‘How will everyone park in Crossfields as there is clearly a shortage of parking spaces?’ Eunice gave no concrete reply.

M.K asked if tickets issued to residents with parking permits who parked outside of parking bays will be revoked because of the poor info in the first letter.

Eunice said she will take this back to management and ask. S.G – Can parking permits be collected online?

Eunice- No.

T.S asked for clear yellow lines in places people should not be parking. S.M raised the issue of multiple parking permits for individual households. Eunice- This is looked at on a case by case basis.

Gardening and Environment

  1. d)  need for a designated dog exercise area. Suggests the green courtyard at the back of Holden House.
  2. e)  request access to water taps so that those beds adjacent to the Houses that residents are planting up can be watered. LS – is not able to grant request.
  3. f)  can Frankham House have a sign to indicate a dog free zone for the south facing garden area.

Eunice to take these 3 questions to LH and reply to CRA

Eunice- No further info on the above questions as yet.

g) CRA emailed Vincent Raymond, project manager of Bouygues development on the Faircharm sit requesting a meeting to discuss ongoing issues. VR now reassigned to another project, we now have contacted vincent.jaubert@bouygues-uk.com. Meeting to take place.

R.C confirmed meeting will be arranged.

AoB

h) CRA has contacted Monica to request cycle hoops for estate, particularly Frankham House when funding is available.

ASB.

Frank Olanian made it clear anti-social issues need to be reported so that a true picture of the nature of the problem can be built up and the correct resources allocated ( see discussion on drug dealing)

i) Request fencing to cover the bulk waste. No response from LH for over two years despite continued requests.
Please advise us how we may progress this matter.

Eunice- An email response has been sent. Issue of fencing round recycling- Alan Martin, estates team manager looking into shelters and fences generally.

R.C asked for time-frame?
Eunice- can say nothing specific but it’s being looked into.

3. M.K Financial Information
Funds as at 28 June 2017 are £4,020 in the bank.

I.E raised issues of people, particularly workmen walking through Crossfields, behind Wilshaw House.

M.K explained breakdown of C.R.A funds.

4. RC- Volunteers for Block Reps, things a rep does………

o checking on security lights in their block and reporting faults to caretakers o help keep noticeboard up to date
o interacts with neighbours in their block
o attend CRA meetings
o help in arranging communal events

Chair pointed out Finch, Farrer and Congers do not have block reps but he has had a volunteer for Farrer House.

5. Drug dealing/taking problems

  • Thanks to all residents who have reported these problems.
  • PCSO can’t attend this meeting.
  • PCSO want a meeting very soon discuss this with us. Dates in early July
  • See notice on Board

    P.C.S.O unable to make meeting.

    M.K stated there has been an increase in drug dealing recently on the estate.

    I.E suggested there has been no real change since last summer.

    M.K stated C.R.A has been in touch with the police. D.W given info.

    D.W has spoken to Dawn (P.C.S.O) and only advice was to call 999. Suggested we must also email so it’s logged in the system. It’s important lots of people call when they see something.

    A.D. asked are drug dealers storing bikes in stairwell of Finch House? Also said safe solution needs to be found for everyone on the estate. Request to police for solutions that are humane.

    D.W said we want police to recognise Crossfields has a drug problem. F.O (A.S.B) said log everything with police and send to Eunice.

    N.N expressed concern that drug dealing will pull in vulnerable children on the estate. Asked how can we stop this happening?

    F.O (A.S.B) said it’s all about volume of reports police receive. This will increase police presence.

    M.K. said Dawn apologise for her absence and that a new meeting will be arranged so she can attend.

    A. B asked if we build a dossier of incidents will more resources be put in?
    F.O said yes. Enough reports will hit the ‘community trigger’, which will bring in more resources. T.S asked Eunice if Lewisham Homes can write to residents giving details of how to respond. F.O said he had written to local schools and colleges to try to stop students coming onto estate.

6. What to do about homeless people on the Estate? Does LH have a policy?

  • Lewisham Council deals with rehousing Homelessness in the Borough not Lewisham Homes.
  • The Homeless person should approach Lewisham Council directly for assistance at Housing Options Centre, Laurence House, Catford Road, London SE6 4RU or contact 0208 314 7007 or 0208 314 6000 main switchboard.
  • If a rough sleeper or a homeless persons seen regularly camping on the estate, then the organisations called Streetlink and No Second Night Out can assist with giving advices and directing them to a local authorities, other organisations for help and assistance. Streetlink can be contacted at http://www.streetlink.org.uk. No second night out can be contacted at http://www.nosecondnightout.org.uk They usually need some description of the rough sleeper and location.
  • Eunice provided an information sheet on homelessness from advice on the internet and have included Lewisham Council website. See the PP internal Notice Board

    Whilst this is clear it assumes the homeless person wants help and can interact effectively with authority, which is not always the case.

    ASB Team also look into reports of rough sleepers as part of their work and do report cases to Streetlink and No Second Night Out. We would also advise people to contact the Police if they feel threatened or unsafe. If the rough sleeper or homeless person is in need of medical care then the ambulance services should be contacted to assist the person.

F.O confirmed Lewisham Council deal with homelessness, not Lewisham Homes.

M.K. Eunice had provided information on this and this will be handed out and posted on the PP internal noticeboard

R.M said she had had a conversation with one of the homeless people and asked how can the homeless people get help when they have been told they need an eviction letter?

Eunice questioned this.

A.B asked Eunice about long-term rough sleeps on Crossfields. Eunice did not have an answer

7. Update on controlled car parking scheme – Welcome Michael Charman, Director of ACE Security

  • Too many parking notices on the Estate! Realise some, those on posts, will

    disappear!

  • Monitoring began Wednesday 14 June.
  • Operatives experiencing initial abuse from a few residents – said it was usual
  • What happens when people refuse to pay the fine?
  • When does a car become abandoned? What happens to abandoned cars?

    Michael (ACE) said started company 17 years ago. Usually parking controls brought in at request of residents. He is unhappy with allegations made about ACE at February meeting, which is why he has come to the meeting.
    M.K. asked Enuice if people who have parked where there are no yellow lines (custom and practice) and been given a ticket will have there cases reviewed as the letter sent out gave misleading information?

Michael said T’s and C’s on the signs and that’s the law but did say we can temporarily ignore the bay rule. If cars are taxed, have a permit and are not causing an obstruction that is fine. Also he would be happy to see the number of car on the site increased if it is safe.

Eunice said she was advised to go with the bay policy but after this meeting she will review the policy.

Michael said most of the time the schemes like these are very successful. He asked what is it that the residents of Crossfiled expect from the scheme ?

T.S asked how frequently will ACE visit the estate?

Michael said visits will be random and unannounced but usually two or three times a week. At the moment, as scheme is new, it is more like two or three times a day. He admitted there had been a breakdown of communication between Lewisham and ACE but said he is learning. Restates the the signs are the law and failure to comply will result in a hundred pound fine.

M.K asked for clarification on status of the bays and a review system if you have got a ticket.

Michael confirmed this to be the case but those who have received a ticket must appeal in writing. Michael said all mitigating circumstance will be taken into consideration if you are being honest.

D.W asked how much time do you have if a delivery van is coming to your flat? Michael said no specific time but that Sainsbury’s etc deliver without any problems. D.W asked who decided to nail up the signs?
Michael said his company did.

D.W said they look very ugly and can we not find an alternative?

Michael agreed but said he can’t do anything about it. He prefers them on lamp posts.

Eunice said we can’t put up more signs.

T.S asked if we can have one at the point of entrance, one on either side?

R.C said let’s look at alternative housing for the signs.

Michael agreed with us about the aesthetics and said he is happy to work with us.

Eunice asked Michael to confirm appeals go to him and also admits there have been some failures.

R.M asked what about visiting carers. Do they need a permit? Michael said yes they do.
S.G raised the issue of using a hire care.

Michael said they are not allowed on a visitor permit but that Lewisham Homes need to sort this issue out. It should have been dealt with earlier in the progress of the scheme.
T.S asked if the car parking scheme does not break the law.

Michael said he is confident of it’s legality. The road traffic act does not apply as this is private land.

Eunice confirmed residents will be losing parking spaces.
P.U asked if motorbikes are exempt from parking in bays?
Michael said yes so long as not on a double yellow line and have a permit, which will be virtual. P.U asked about dumped bikes and what we should do?

Michael said to call ACE but they cannot remove them. Lewisham Council disposal team will be called but admits they are very difficult to deal with. Stressed the importance of building up a rapport with the local authority.

H.G asked if there is a limit on visitor permits?

Michael said yes but they are renewable.

SG asks how is it possible to have more than one visitor?

Michael said this can be sorted out by the community agreeing to share permits for very special occasions, e.g. funerals, regulations can be bypassed if he and LH are informed.

P.K asked does Lewisham Homes not deal with abandoned cars anymore?
Eunice said yes they do. ‘SWORN’ vehicles need to get advanced exemption from LH Meeting closed at 21:00.

8. GardeningandEnvironment

  • Fallen tree – slow response to request its removal from LH. It was cleared by Glendale on Thursday 22 June.
  • Request our trees are surveyed for safety as a matter of urgency.
  • Request our trees are pruned, pollarded in 2017?
  • Weeding schedule? When?

    9. Development updates:MK Deptford Master Plan; AT Tidemill;L&Q

    10. MK Summer Activities

  • Lewisham People’s Day Saturday 8 July from 12 noon–8pm at Mountsfield Park,

    Catford.

  • Lewisham Homes Garden Party at the Albany, Deptford 22 June 13:00-16:00

    The above mattes 9-11 could not be dealt with in the meeting due to time. These will be dealt with as follows:
    9. In writing to Lewisham Council tree department and LH Environmental Services
    10. At the next meeting

    11. On the notice boards and on the web site

 

Changes to the Residents Association constitution

There has been a recent consultation regarding the rules surrounding Residents Associations across Lewisham, which has been shared with us.

The main changes are:

  • Office Bearers are no longer restricted to Lewisham Homes residents, and can also be sub-tenants
  • Membership is open to all who want it but voting rights are only given to residents who live in the catchment area

Read a draft of the new constitution here and a spreadsheet showing feedback received from other estates.

If you have any feedback, please email us or post below.

Calling all block reps! Have your say on major works

Calling all block reps!  David Pritchard, Final Accounts at Lewisham Homes, has agreed to meet with block reps on site to discuss and photograph defects arising from the major works project.

Congers, Farrer and Finch still need reps.

This will be a good opportunity to point out areas that have been badly done, are still in need of work, or weren’t done but are on our estimates.  We can argue for reductions in the bills.  Please get in touch if you would like to be a block rep or, if you are a rep, to organise a date to meet David. If you would like to get in touch with your block rep, let us know and we can provide their details.

TRA Meeting notes – Feb 21 2016

Hi all,

Here are the notes taken during the last TRA meeting.

There is also an audio recording of the meeting available.  If you would like access, please email us.

 

Crossfield TRA Feb 21 2016 meeting

Meeting opened at 11:10am, closed at 1pm.

Attendees

RC, MK, JP

KC, AC, RM, V, SL, NB, RD, CN

 

Introductions

Financial update by MK

  • Sums in the bank accounts as at the beginning of Feb were stated
  • No grant funding available due to amounts in two accounts
  • RM – LH were keen to combine accounts, we should keep them separate to allow access to grants
  • MK – PP is running at a loss
  • RM – Casual hiring, some cash comes in for that
  • SL – how do we decide to combine accounts or not
    • TRA to decide
  • RC – charity status?

New website, crossfielders.wordpress.com

  • will post info that comes via the TRA
    • RM – useful, but not everyone has access to the internet or to a computer
    • V – Can we have a newsletter or flyer posted to all residents?
    • RM – ongoing issue of communicating information to residents
    • JP – Thinking of adding bulletin boards to each stairwell
      • Job – remove any remaining old bulletin boards, install new ones
      • KC– would they for residents use only?
      • they would be open to all
      • TRA to seek approval from LH, investigate costs and install bulletin boards in each stairwell

Pink Palace

  • How it’s going
    • very few rentals
    • confusing message about how people can use it
    • limited in its use – no noise, limited hours
      • RM – difficult to use as the space is small
      • V – noise is an issue, inconsiderate users, time limit is needed, early Sunday morning rentals are not appreciated. Should it be only for open events for residents?  Should private events be allowed?
    • RC – What is the PP for?
      • Residents are not sure about it, even where it is
      • RM – computer classes used to run here, need to buy computer equipment
      • RC – modernization is needed in the PP, wifi needed for computer classes
      • RM – will MITIE pay? Were to give £5000 but it didn’t happen, project was vetoed at the last minute
    • V – link up with other events? Film Festival? Deptford Lounge? There are lots of local arts organizations
  • what needs to be done
    • agree what types of activities the PP can accommodate
    • advertise via a new website, leaflets, marketing campaign
  • cleaning regime
    • need to either have a rota of volunteers or a paid cleaner
    • RM – people clean up after themselves, dust, etc is not cleaned, need to have enough funds to pay a cleaner
  • new furniture is needed
    • RM – blue furniture is new, community centres collect hand me downs, we have four tables, maybe 5
    • MK – Replace larger lounge chairs
  • how people can get involved
    • Hire a building manager?
      • RC – Should we hire a building manager, to market the space and get more hires?  Need to use it for community hire, but it also needs to make enough money to cover costs
      • V – can we get volunteers from the estate who have this expertise?
      • RM – we must refuse certain hires due to the nature of the space. We will have to pay tax if we make too much money, become a business
    • Further consultation and discussion needed re: Pink Palace.  TRA to discuss and take forward

Damp in Wilshaw House

  • Update re: flat in Wilshaw House experiencing severe damp problems
    • RM – they have started the repairs. LH repairs promised to come on the 1st of Feb, came on the 16th of Feb, Cllr Dromey is involved, the family struggled to get any help through LH. They closed off one room of their flat because it was uninhabitable.
      • V – the family have closed one room, have the family contacted environmental health?
      • RM – Environmental health have said they accepted the flat instead of being homeless
  • are there other people experiencing damp?
    • RM – A few residents have had damp problems, with surveyors coming to report, the corner flats are the worst affected.  The flats are designed to have an open fireplace, modern conditions are creating damp problems (double glazing, etc). All of the flats facing Deptford Church Street had secondary glazing installed and extractors as well.  Could the extractors be replaced or modernized?
    • V – blocked off our flue, got mould everywhere
    • Fireplaces – are we allowed to use them?
      • Wood burning is illegal but not smokeless fuel
      • NB – They come to your flat and they tell you it’s condensation.  We have to clean up ourselves.  They say it’s due to a ‘cold wall’, and don’t offer help.  Can she remove the extractor flue herself? She has them in 4 rooms.  They have been disconnected.  Do they have asbestos?
      • SL – this should have been dealt with by decent homes.
      • JP – I will ask about asbestos, we removed ours.
        • JP – as far as we are aware, there was no asbestos in our heating vents when we removed ours.
      • NB – she had to block hers up because black bits were coming into her room through the fan
      • SL – extractor filter in kitchens needed to be replaced, may be the problem
      • RM – issue of asbestos has been raised before, LH came and removed some, gas boiler flue had asbestos which were all removed for tenants but not leaseholders flat
      • TRA to ask LH for an official update re: severe damp problem in Wilshaw House
    • contact details for LH repairs

Building works around the estate

  • Sun Wharf
    • Share the proposals, poster
    • Consultation
      • All flats near Creekside will be affected
      • SL – They have the site but not planning permission
      • RM – we can affect and influence permission and have done in the past
  • Redevelopment of Tidemill
    • Share consultation info
    • RD – Someone from the Tidemill School delivered leaflets
    • V – next to school keepers cottage, two more years of building development, garden spaces, noise and dust, wild garden will get trashed
    • SL – council land and project
    • V – going to build within the footprint of the current building but a few stories higher.  There will be excavation, some houses on Reginald St will be demolished
    • RD – Caretakers house will be knocked down, which is full of asbestos
    • Deptford is having a massive influx of building works
    • SL – Frankham House is part of conservation area, but no statement re: Tidemill vs. Frankham and how it will be affected
    • RD – the building will be slanted which will not affect FH as much, they changed their plans because of concerns.  Also concerned about amount of cars parking. FH will also no longer have access to the garden. How will they stop residents from accessing the garden?  Wall?  This will create a ghetto.  The garden should be for the whole community. RD was told that we would have to contribute money to the upkeep of the gardens if we had access
    • We want to keep access to the garden
    • SL – Landscaping the green near the site for people to access, but a horrible patch of land for gardening.  There will be a meeting, people need to attend to voice concerns.  Planning committees don’t always read letters in advance, better to turn up to the meeting.  Some councillors are on our side, but some are going to be happy that new housing is being built
    • Need to circulate meeting info and contact info
      • TRA to add information re: above to website, contact SL for details
    • RM – need to keep the nature park.  Need to keep our green spaces.
    • Campaign to get our green spaces used
    • CN – Wants to use her green space as a storytellers area.  Space near Cremer, wanted to offer something other than gardens; an outdoor space with amphitheatre for performance, lots of fruit trees, foliage, berries.
      • CN to pass proposal to TRA, who will bring forward to various contacts
    • Bouygues might fund this?
    • V – use green spaces as performance area
  • Faircharm redevelopment
    • post box is back, thanks to SL
    • noise problems?
      • Weird smell coming from the site. Bitumen?
      • Vibrations across many blocks
      • SL – still lots of traffic queuing in the morning
    • Bellway/Kent wharf
      • NC – Lewisham didn’t care about parking because they wanted residents to get out of their cars

Rubbish and recycling

  • recycling bin contamination
    • campaign to explain procedures, i.e. no black bin bags
    • RM – procedures change all the time, i.e. what is allowed in bins is always changing
    • TRA to contact LH/LC, ask for a new campaign to explain what the bins actually take
      • leaflet all flats?
      • new stickers for bin?
      • JP – Can we have a large rubbish bin next to the recycle bins?
        • TRA to ask LH/LC about adding a new rubbish bin next to recycling
  • update on relocation of recycling bins at entrance to estate from Deptford Church Street
    • RM – had a walkabout, was all set to happen but there was no funding available.  Environment team may be a contact for funding
    • TRA to contact LH/LC for an update
  • problem with fly tipping near Pink Palace
    • can the recycling bins be relocated to discourage fly tipping?
      • RM – There isn’t much room in the area, the residents had to give up a parking space to accommodate bicycle storage
    • can the area near the PP be redeveloped to discourage fly tipping and provide a nicer environment for PP?
      • TRA to follow up with LH/LC

Parking on the estate

  • SL says there is a new controlled parking area north of the train station, which could affect parking on the Estate
    • How do people feel about parking provision on Crossfield?
    • Do we need another consultation?
    • Controlled parking – what are the benefits? How much will it cost?
      • CN – has a car, in two minds about what to do.  What will be a the benefit?  Will have to pay out for parking when we don’t now
    • Frankham House is a special case – they are separated from the rest of the estate by a dual carriageway, and are near a controlled parking area
    • SL – finds it hard to park, costs were lower than people expected for permits but it would be inconvenient for visitors
    • Does TRA need to follow this up?

Grounds and gardening

  • New grounds maintenance contract and team, 10 day rota, contact LH re: any gardening issues that need rectifying
  • A resident would like to start a group (or join an existing one) to garden on areas across the estate
    • working with the new grounds maintenance team
    • is there money available?
    • would anyone else like to get involved?
      • RM – there is a bunker on the estate, can we use it as a feature?  Can we have a roof garden?
      • V – Can we get a preservation order?
      • Can we access it/use it/preserve it?
      • It’s part of the conservation area
      • We need to preserve as many of our green spaces as we can
      • Would local historians be interested?
      • Does TRA need to follow this up?

AOB

Website and wifi

  • Sponsorship?
    • V – approach local businesses, Asda, Tesco, Sainsburys?
    • Bougyues – have asked about supporting community projects
    • MITIE – they have funded other projects
    • Tidemill redevelopment are due to compensate us for the problems of building
      • Might fund some refurbs to the PP
      • TRA to discuss and follow up